BREATHE HISTORY - OVER 700 YEARS OF HAUS DELECKE
Hospitality in the most beautiful lakeside location. Haus Delecke offers with its hotel and currently 39 rooms
a harmonious interplay between classical and modern.
House Delcke as a knight’s estate
Built in 1270 as a manor, it was owned by the von Kettler family for a long time. The Möhne formed a pond below this castle. With the surrounding servants’ houses, this beautiful spot was called the community of “Kettler’s Pond”. The district still exists under this na The von Kettler family, who were also bailiffs in Hovestadt and Haus Asse, were followed by the von Schlingwurm family from Geseke and the von Hauxladen family, called Bock.
1444 - 1449
At the time of the Soest Feud, the war from 1444 to 1449 between the Archbishop of Cologne and the Duke of Cleves for supremacy in Westphalia, redoubts were built between Kettlers Teich and Westrich to protect against raids. In the Estates system, the castle belonged to those qualified to vote and to be elected in the knight’s battle
Change of ownership
Acquired in 1823 by Casper Graf von Spiegel zum Dissenberg and sold to the Cosigk family in 1902, the property became the property of the Ruhrtalsperrenverein in 1924, after a Moenickes family had owned it in the meantime.
1926 until 1982
Conversion to restaurant
The Ruhrtalsperrenverein converted the house into a hotel-restaurant and opened it under the direction of the tenant Loeffahrt on March 31, 1926. Until 1982 the hotel was managed by different tenants.
Renovation and reopening
In 1987, after standing empty for several years, it was renovated and reopened under the direction of Hotel Haus Delecke Hotel- und Gaststättenbetriebs GmbH, a company in the “Kettler Group”.
Heinz Kettler Foundation
Since the death of the owner, Dr. Karin Kettler, in February 2017, Haus Delecke has been in the care of the Heinz Kettler Foundation. With a comprehensive modernization and structural expansion into a conference and vacation hotel, the house is about to enter a new era.